Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Vibrating Mascaras

Macara




















Fashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore

Mascara is my ultimate indulgence for many reasons.  The first being that my lashes are one of my best physical features, because they are naturally long, thick, and curled.  Another reason is that lashes are the ultimate feminine attribute.  Long lashes are flirty and open your eyes for all to see your soul.  And mascara can only improve this.  The latest trend it seems to be is vibrating mascara.  These mascaras can be terrifying, as they substitute as a weapon.  Elle Fowler (all that glitters 21) beauty guru on utube, described Givenchy Phenomen mascara as a 'tourture ball'.  I'm certain she would agree that this is much worse.  On the positive side, vibrating mascaras produce long, think, and most importantly, separated lashes.  Makeup artists recommend that you wiggle a mascara wand when you are applying, however a vibrating mascara does this for you.  It's made a huge hit and I love them.  My first was Ôscillation by Lacome ($34) and next was the Maybeline Pulse Perfection ($15).  Originally adopted by designer brands, the vibrating mascara is now a part of the Maybeline family. Honestly, you pay for what you get.  Ôscillation is a lot better.  I feel Maybeline's formula clumps easier and is also harder to remove.  Also the packaging isn't as durable or fancy.  Lacome creates longer, separated lashes.  Additionally the bush is more flexible, allowing the brush to access all areas of your eye.  One strange observation I have made is that it also makes my lashes shiny - it's odd but attractive.  Result: even though I can buy two Maybelines and OPI I'de still splurge on an Ôscillation mascara!

No comments:

Post a Comment