Friday, March 19, 2010

Mascara, Mascara, Mascara


Terrified.  That was my reaction when I heard about the upcoming release of a vibrating mascara.  Although I am good at applying makeup, me with a mascara wand, or eyeliner pencil around anyone, remains a DEADLY weapon.  So imagine what would happen if i put a vibrating mascara wand near my eye....the next thing you know, I wouldn't have an eye!  But, the thought of missing out on this new beauty revolution was unbearable, so I put aside my fears of being eye-less and comforted myself with the fact that if I wore a patch and got a parrot I would become the coolest pirate ever!  My Mom, less enthusiastic, bought be the Lancome Oscillation Mascara for me at Christmas.  I LOVE it!  First of all, the vibration is so tiny and fast, you can't see the wand moving.  Only in contact with your eyelashes can you feel a ever so slight vibration.  The result is long, full, black lashes, that are completely stunning.  The wand really separates each lash and it's even waterproof!  Over time, this has become my favorite and go-to maraca.  The only issue is the price.  It cost me £28 in the US it's $34.  Although $34 isn't a lot of money, in perspective you are investing it on something you can only use for three months before you are suppose to throw away (I completely cheat and use mine for twice as long).  And you can't return it if you don't like it.  Maybelline are releasing their latest mascara that is the vibrating kind.  Unless you are fortunate enough to have the money or connections to purchase this, I would recommend buying the drug store version, despite how wonderful the Lacome one is.  Hope this review has been helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment