Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Be Kind!


One of closet friends is an English girl, who lives and goes to an all-girlschool around half and hour away from me.  I know her from dance school, and she is the sweetest most innocent thing in this world.  She is also exceptionally talented.  But lately I had noticed how quite and withdrawn she was.  Considering she's usually so out spoken and involved, I knew something was wrong.  Then last weekend she confided in me that she was having some friend issues.  She said that her best friends had abruptly turned on her and the people in her class were no longer talking to her.  She said she felt isolated, disheartened, and moreover she had completely lost her confidence.  It seems like a crime that her amazing personality is being compromised by a group of lame chiennes.  I gave her my advice, which was to ignore them, let it pass, and most importantly, not to allow them to affect her.  When I got home, I felt I had not done enough.  I can't imagine going to school and not having anyone to laugh, play, or share with, to be stripped of your confidence. So I titled an envelope "save for a rainy day."  Inside I put a talking Hoops and Yoyo friendship card.  Let me explain that it you receive a Hoops and Yoyo card, you are part very select group of girlfriends.  With the card, I put silver necklace with the word 'love', meaning I love her, she should love herself, and no matter what, I was there for her.  "Save for a rainy day," means exactly that.  I told her to save it and until a really distressing day.  Who know, that may be as soon as tomorrow.  So before you decide to make a girl miserable at the dispense of your self-esteem - don't.  Treat thy self, as thy wishes to be treated.  Tale as old as time-true as it can be.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know if you can answer these comments or not but i was wondering where you got the necklace from because its beautiful. What you did for your best friend is amazing. So yeah if you can answer theses comments can you please tell me where you got the necklace from, it would be much appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete