Sunday, April 4, 2010

Bye Bye Bangles


While exploiting the fashion world and changing trends forever, Coco Chanel said "Take one thing off before you leave the house.”  Only then, apparently, can you have the perfect outfit.  For the past few years, it seems the public have bee completely oblivious to these wise words, including myself.  Over-accessorizing has become extremely à la mode, with celebrities sporting layered necklaces, over-the-top rings, and arms full of bangles.  Lauren Conrad even quoted, "My perfect outfit is adding one thing on!" in reference to Coco Chanel.  Apart from celebrities like Kim Kardashian and Taylor Momsen, have you guys seen anybody layer their bling?  Because yours truly hasn't.  In this month's magazines their has also been an absence of jewelry over-load.  So I'm sad to say I think this trend has passed.  I'm back to the simple necklace and occasional bracelet in opposition to my usual symphony of jingles as I walk around.  I'm sad to see it go, but I'm sure my wallet won't!

No comments:

Post a Comment