Saturday, April 24, 2010

Shopping Burns Calories...and is therfore justified


Sunday was a shopping day, needless to say I was completely exhilarated the entire day.  It began with aimless wondering in my 4.5 inch heels, an undertaking I would come to regret.  It wasn't a day of looking for specific things, but rather trying to produce excuses of why I need an item.  For example:
"I really need these brown sling-back heels!" 
"Don't you have a pair exactly like that." 
"No." 
"Lauren, you are wearing the pair I'm talking about right now." 
Pause.  Panic.  Smarty drop bags on floor in front of my feet. 
"What shoes?" 
Besides being bullied out of buying a fabulous pair of shoes, my day was extremely successful.  First was this navy dress from TFNC London.  It reminds me of something my Grandmother would have worn as a young woman - shabby-chic.  Next is the pair of jean shorts from Selfridges.  They are extremely teeny-tiny, but I figured if not in your teens, when else?  I like them a lot because their stripes make them more formal than distressed denim shorts.  Other favorites include "Pearl of Wisdom" OPI nail polish, which I just used today.  It's a pinky-white with gold, purple, and blue reflexes.  Love it! No shoes were purchased, but lots of skirts as the weather is starting to improve (knock on wood).  Overall, the day was super successful (apart from my feet) and a special thanks to my wonderful fashion adviser! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment