Saturday, April 17, 2010

Breakfast at Tiffanys


I have a fantasy about Tiffany.  It's pretty ordinary.  The princess fantasy of owning beautiful jewels, the hope and joy the  atmosphere gives, the sense of achievement and satisfaction when receiving a piece.  Also the glamor involved, as you feel as though you are part of a select group.  And lastly, in the words of Holly Golightly, you feel as though nothing bad could happen.  I read Breakfast at Tiffany the summer before I turned fourteen, and saw the movie soon after.  I was automatically in love, particularly with the stunning Audrey Hepburn.  She was the essence of elegance and chic style, a thing only most of us can dream of becoming.  Unfortunately we don't have chic persona in common, nor taste in diamonds.  Holly Golightly dislikes them, were as I'm a fool for them.  Anything diamond, I go week at the knees and it’s a reciprocated love.  Recently I've had my sights set on this gorgeous Tiffany ring above.  I dream about it all day, which is probably all I'll ever do because it costs more than my kidney.  Sigh.  Keep you updated on the quest for this beautiful creature.

No comments:

Post a Comment